The salient features of the constitution drafted by the National Assembly were :
1) The king came under the supervision of the government and France became a constitutional monarchy.
2) Feudal system was abolished.
3) The nobility and the clergy were stripped off of their privileges.
4) Taxes collected by the Church were abolished and lands owned by them were confiscated.
5) Power to make laws was vested in the National Assembly.
6) Indirect elections were introduced for choosing the members of the National Assembly.
7) Powers were evenly distributed among different institutions - the legislative , the executive and the judiciary.
8) The main objective of the new constitution of France was limiting the powers of the King.