1. The country has more sea life.
2. Better fishing for fisherman and locals who love seafood.
3. Better resources can be mined from under the water.
4. Better quality beaches for tourists which would bring in money for the country.
5. Population mass is drawn to the coast instead of places like Alice Springs.
1. Coastal defense becomes harder because of the vast coastline.
2. There is an increased chance that oil spills will occur.
3. Resources can be mined from under the water.
4. Bigger risk of sharks.
5. Not every beach would be patrolled by life guards which would increase drowning rates each year.