Electric motor is one device which converts incoming electrical energy into mechanical - rotational energy. - like pump to pull water out of a well.
Electric generator converts mechanical energy of a rotating machines into electric energy.
Both of these contain essentially two main parts, in their simplest form: Rotor and generator.
They contain almost the same parts.
1. Stator: This is the stationary part. This has strong permanent magnets
2. Rotor: This rotates. it has a rotating shaft (axle), slip rings, carbon brushes,
Armature coil, connection to external circuit (load).
3. Air gap between the magnets.
1. Stator : permanent magnets, bearings, strong thick metallic case
2. Rotor: commutator - rotating coil (copper / Graphite), (armature), metal sheet
laminations around which the coil is wound. rotating shaft,
3. Air gap:
4 carbon brush, end cap