1 Chlorofluoro carbon from greenhouse gases raises to the ozone layer high in the atmosphere. the flourine becomes free radical after decomposition by energy due to uv rays. free fluorine starts chain reaction to split Ozone molecule and reduces it.
2. Finely divided nickel powder acts as a catalyst during the hydrogenation of vegetables oils i.e, when carbon carbon double bonds are replaced by single bonds as some c - h bonds are formed.
3. Decomposition reaction as the food is split or broken down in to smaller components.
enzymes chemically break down the food in to smaller components. HCl and pepsin digest proteins and converts into polypeptides or amino acids.
4. Hg O decomposes into Hg and O in presence of light or heat and O2 helps burning of matchstick.
5. Na and Na⁺ one positive charge. they have number of same protons, neutrons in the nucleus. Na becomes Na⁺ when an electron jumps out of the atom to some other atom.
6. a simple chemical compound M H is formed when M⁺ positive ion and H⁻ negative ion come together. One atom M loses electron and another H gains electron. Metals have tendency to lose electrons easily. non metallic elements have tendency to gain electrons.
7. 1s² 2s² 2p⁶ 3s² 3p5 as its atomic number = 17 = 17 electrons. 2,8,7
fill in from 1st quantum number 1s orbital = 2 max. total = 2
2nd quantum level: 2s orbital = 2 max 2p orbital = 6 max. total = 8
3rd quantum: 3s orbital 2 max. Now 5 remain for 3p, where 6 are max.
3rd quantum level: total 7
8. H₂ S O₄ = sulphuric acid or sulfuric acid. want the percentage by WEIGHT.
atomic weights of atoms: H = 2, S = 32 , O = 16
% of sulphur = total weight of S atoms / total molecular weight * 100
= 32 * 100 / (2*2 + 32 + 16*4) = 3200 / 100 = 32 %