1) What are latitudes and longitudes?
Latitudes and longitudes are imaginary lines that run horizontally and vertically on the Earth's surface respectively.
2) What are the special names of these imaginary lines?
The latitudes are referred to as the Parallels of Latitudes and the longitudes are known as Meridians of Longitudes.
3) What is the difference between latitude and longitude?
- Latitudes have equal space in between them.
~ Longitudes don't have equal space between them.
- Run from east to west, horizontally.
~ Run from north to south, vertically.
- There are 180 latitudes.
~ There are 360 longitudes.