1. The features of atomic structure accounts for the similarities in properties of halogens are
1) High electronegativity
2) Tendency to show non-metallic character.
3) High reactivity with metals due to their high electronegativity due to small size.
4) Presence of same no. of valence electron i.e. 7
2. The relative atomic masses of a light element up to calcium is approximately double of its atomic number.
3. Usually fatty acid are defined as long aliphatic chain of carboxylic
acid whose chain may consist of either saturated or unsaturated bonds.
Thus monocarboxylic acids are called as fatty acids
4. Acetic acids occurs as :
=> as free acid in vinegar
=> in combined form occurs in oils and essential oils.