Answers

2014-11-16T07:18:17+05:30

This Is a Certified Answer

×
Certified answers contain reliable, trustworthy information vouched for by a hand-picked team of experts. Brainly has millions of high quality answers, all of them carefully moderated by our most trusted community members, but certified answers are the finest of the finest.
Mercury is a metal.  It is available in a liquid form at room temperature.  It lasts forever, when it is kept in a bottle or confined with in a thermometer, for example.

Water in an open bowl evaporates slowly in to the air. Mercury remains and does not evaporate as much.  The boiling point of mercury is very high and also the heat required for liquid mercury to become gas (latent heat ) is also higher.  Hence the evaporation rate is very low.

Also mercury does not react with many acids.  It does not stick to other materials much, for example glass.

0
  • Brainly User
2014-11-16T07:57:24+05:30
MERCURY IS A TRANSITION METAL.mercury is a very good conductor of electricity. It is last forever in thermometer.
0