Our regular food at home is the nice and
acceptable food, from the point of view of taste or hygiene. People are
expected to eat that food regularly. However often people may be forced
to eat junk food, or they may intentionally go for it.
Junk foods are the fast foods, road side foods, food sold on platforms, ready
made food sold on very small push carts, oily chips, fryums, pakode
(pakodi) etc. Any ready made food that is not prepared at home and
is made on commercial basis may be termed as junk food by the parents or
doctors. Usually junk food is attractive, perhaps cheaper and is
Junk food may not be prepared with hygienic methods. It may use oils and
flours which are perhaps not very clean and good quality. A lot of chilli
powder, spices may be mixed in these foods. Some additives or
preservatives may be added to the food for colour or flavour.
Junk food helps temporarily but could have other side effects.
1. Health may be spoilt because the food may contain some items which are
not suitable for ones health. Like some persons may suffer from
constipation and certain flours or grams are not good for them.
2. When people eat junk foods, they eat too much. Or, they eat
again the regular meals. So over eating also causes problems.
3. Many people may have some allergies to certain additives in
the junk food. Perhaps the food is not made in clean utensils.
4. Junk food may not be a balanced diet. It certainly creates imbalance
in the body in minerals and vitamins. Due to this the development and
functioning of internal organs is affected. Deficiency of vitamins
and minerals weakens our defence against viruses.
5. Junk food may cause acidity or gastric problem or loose motions
or constipation, if taken in large quantities.
6. There may be dust or other particles in the food open to air.
That will spoil the stomach and cause infection. One may develop stones
7. Junk food stored for some days may be degraded or oxidized. That
causes vomiting or uncomfortable feeling inside stomach.
8. People may eat junk food without cleaning their hands. Or the food may be
kept open to polluted air. So bacteria or germs may cause harm.
9. There may not be a proper health or quality control done on junk food.
Junk food may be too hot or too cold, it may cause throat
infection. Too many sweets or chocolates etc. cause problems in