1. When a table in on a floor at the same place for days together, there is no work done on the table by the gravitational force or normal reaction force.
2. If I hold a book for some time, there is no work done on it by me.
3. If the pendulum of the clock is oscillating already, by itself, there is no NET work done on it by the gravity in n oscillations.
4. Earth rotates around the Sun. In one Earth year the work done on the EArth by the gravitational force is zero.
5. I throw a ball up with a velocity, it goes up and comes down to the same location. There is no NET work done on the ball.