1. Young people should allow their parents to arrange marriages for
them. If Juliet had only had the sense not to get involved with a guy
who trespasses in her backyard, she would have been safely alive and
married to Paris.
2. Parents should let young people arrange
marriages for themselves. If Capulet hadn't trie to force Juliet to
marry Paris, she would be alive.
3. Trying to be a peacemaker
just gets people hurt. If people are going to fight, let them. If Romeo
had only let Mercutio fight Tybalt all would have been well. If Friar
Lawrence hadn't got the idea that marrying Romeo and Juliet would end
the feud, they wouldn't have been married and the trouble wouldn't have
4. Love ends fighting. The families are reconciled through Romeo and Juliet's love.
5. Don't crash parties. Only go if you're invited. If Romeo had never met Juliet, their lives would have been saved.
6. Pharmacists should be well-paid. If they are poor, they might sell poison.
7. Don't let your daughter leave the house to go to confession. Who knows what crazy things the priest might advise her to do.
8. Don't attempt to perform a citizen's arrest on a man who is a known
killer. Paris would have been better off to have run for the watch.
9. Even if you know that your wife is dead and buried, you should keep on believing that she might still be alive.