1. It is a specific place or locality where a community resides.
2. A habitat has a number of niches.
3. Habitat supports a number of species.
4. A number of environmental variables occur in a habitat.
5. A species does not change its habitat.
1. It is an ecological component of habitat which is delimited by functioning of an organism.
2. A niche does not have components.
3. Niche supports a single species.
4. Niche has a specific set of environmental regimes.
5. A species may live in more than one niche in different stages of its life cycle.