1. Try speaking in English or the language you want to improve communication skills. Learn the vocabulary required. Keep a dicitionary and learn words every day.
2. Converse with friends or at home in that language.
3. read books, novels, newspaper.
4. try to describe or narrate some incidents to your friends. write down nice passages or what ever you want to tell. Then read it aloud.
5. Take feedback from friends, on your faults. Notice your own faults yourself. Now, correct them.
6. Listen to news on television - Indian or foreign channels. Observe the accent. Try to speak in that way. Try to find on which words they emphasize and on which they do not.
7. Join some course related to fluent speaking. you will make quick progress.
It will take some months and perhaps a year to be able to speak fluently.