1. Imagery: ex:The room was dark and gloomy. -The words “dark” and “gloomy” are visual images.
2. Simile and Metaphor: The difference is that Simile uses “as” or “like” and Metaphor does not.ex:“My love is like a red red rose” (Simile)He is an old fox very cunning. (Metaphor)3. Hyperbole:ex:I have got a million issues to look after!
4. Personification: ex:Have you see my new car? She is a real beauty!
5. Alliteration: ex:She sells seashells at seashore.
6. Allegory: ex:“Animal Farm”, written by George Orwell, is an example allegory using the actions of animals on a farm to represent the overthrow of the last of the Russian Tsar Nicholas II and the Communist Revolution of Russia before WW II. In addition, the actions of the animals on the farm are used to expose the greed and corruption of the Revolution.
7. Irony: ex:The bread is soft as a stone.