1. Ensure employee alertness
2. Ensure and alert the passengers to be careful and vigilant
3. Replace old worn out parts and devices
4. Do periodic maintenance of tracks and other systems involved in traction and in trains - engines and coaches
5. Upgrade technology of engines, coaches, tracks etc, as needed from time to time. Upgrade and install various electronic and mechanical control systems and devices that check various conditions and help avoidance of risks.
6. Implement collision avoidance systems, train presence detection on a track. There are other automatic systems to alert in case of alarming situation.