1. Aladdin asked the magician what he had done to deserve so severe a blow.
2. The officer ordered/commanded his men to halt.
3. The judge, finally asked if he/she has anything to say on behalf of the prisoner.
4. He asked the boy to tell if the miller is within.
5. The poor man exclaimed whether none of them would help him.
6. "I will have written a letter in the evening", said the girl to her friend.
7. "Ramayana is a holy book", taught the father to his son.
8. " I cried out when I saw the /lion/ coming", he said.
9. He said to me ,"There was no more water".
10. I said to my son,"Work hard for a better tomorrow".