There are many ways to save water:
1) Recycle water by using it for watering plants which has already been used to washing food materials like rice, dal, veggies, etc.
2) Check out for leaks and getting rid of them.
3) Avoid flushing the toilet unnecessarily.
4) Take shorter showers.
5) Otherwise, take a bucket full of water for bathing.
6) Don't let water run while brushing, shaving or washing your face.
7) When washing dishes by hand, fill one sink or basin with soapy water, instead of using running water.
8) Store drinking water in the refrigerator rather than letting the tap run every time you want a cool glass of water.
9) Use sprinklers for watering the gardens.
10) Spread awareness of the importance of water.