A) SOLID STATE - 1) Definite shape and volume
3) There is little space between the particles of a solid
4) These particles attract each other very strongly .
5) Particles of solid cannot move freely
LIQUID STATE -1) No definite shape liquid contain the shape of the vessel in which it is kept .
2) compressible to small extent .
3) These particles have greater space between them .
4) The force of attraction between liquid particles is less than .
solid particles .
5) these particles move freely
GAS STATE - 1) Gas have neither a definite shape nor definite volume .
2) highly compressible
3) the space between gas particles is the greatest .
4) the force of attraction is least between gaseous particles
5) gaseous particles are in a continuous randam motion.
b) rigidity can be expressed as the tendency of matter to resist a change in shape . compressibility is the ablity to be reduced to a lower volume when force is applied . fluidity is the ablity to flow.by filling a gas container we mean the attainment of shape of the container by gas.
shape defines a definite boundary. kinetic energy is the energy possessed by a particle due to its motion. density is mass per unit volume.