1. Mountains are the prominent features, that influence the weather and climate of the earth.
2. They are formed in three ways.
3. Mountains of Accumulation- These are formed by volcanic activity, Mt,Chimborazo, Mt. Fujiyama, Mt. Etna.
4. Mountains of uplift- Horst & Graben type, as found along the great African rift valley.
5. Mountains of Denudation- These ar formed by the erosion of the layers of rock and other material around it. Most of the mountain chains of the world are formed in this way. Alpine-Himalayan system, The Rockies, The Andes.